The cradle and muse of mythical masters of art, architecture and craft (Giotto, Donatello, Michelangelo—to name a few), Florence reverberates with a beauty and depth of feeling that is centuries-deep, and beyond compare. On this special trip, explore the city—past and present—through the stories of some of its great families and creatives. With Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley—who scouted the itinerary this spring—you will explore the rich heritage of the Medici and spend time with Laudomia Pucci, who will share her family’s archives, legacy and continuing innovation during a visit to their 600-year-old palazzo, as well as their villa in Tuscany. Other special experiences include tours of the Galleria Continua and top collections with their curators, meetings with local artisans and other invitations behind closed doors—in a discovery of Florence that bridges the ancient and the modern.
Be the first to find out when new itineraries are released by clicking here.
What to Expect
Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Gain exclusive access to the Emilio Pucci Heritage, where you will explore the archives of the iconic Florentine brand and enjoy a private lunch at Palazzo Pucci, the residence of the Pucci family and previous headquarters of the Maison until 2017.
- Visit Villa Pucci di Granaiolo, the Pucci family’s Tuscan estate, for behind-closed-doors access to Laudomia Pucci’s archives and private museum, as well as printings and fabrication of the renowned brand.
- Join acclaimed art historian Elaine Ruffolo on a walking tour of central Florence to discover the unique architecture and history of the city.
- Embark on a walking tour of the artisans of Florence, to meet the craftspeople and observe their skills. You will be introduced to hand-marbled paper makers, bookbinders, shoemakers, silversmiths and contemporary leather designers.
- Experience opera arias and ensemble pieces performed by four of the Fondazione Mascarade Opera’s emerging artists, followed by a private farewell dinner in the state rooms of the Palazzo Corsini al Prato.
- Enjoy luxury accommodations at The St. Regis Florence, a property situated in one of the most iconic positions in all of Florence.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over meals and tastings at some of the best restaurants and vineyards in Florence and Tuscany.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience. Plus: you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenOctober 9 – 14, 2023
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Style Mavens , Intellectuals