A world unto itself, Sicily dazzles visitors with the vibrance of its vistas, flavors and vitality—from the glitter of the gold-tiled Monreale cathedral to the ruby-red glow of a glass of Etna Rosso caught in a sunbeam. This country-within-a-country contains a wealth of beauty, tradition and history (enough to have inspired some of our most iconic works of fiction and film)—alongside grand palazzos and studios bursting with creative passion. Join Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley for a private introduction to the riches they hold, with invitations into the homes of respected collectors and designers—and luxe accommodations at Il San Corrado Di Noto and Villa Igiea.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Enjoy history-, art- and architecture-focused touring with expert guides in the Val di Noto—a UNESCO World Heritage site that includes the ancient cities of Ferla, Noto and Ragusa—as well as the capital Palermo and ancient center of Syracuse. Here, you will see some of the most important Greek and Roman ruins of the Mediterranean, as well as marvels of Byzantine and Baroque design.
- Enter Palermo’s finest palazzos and discover the treasures of art and architecture that they contain, with special-access visits to Palazzo Butera, Palazzo Castelluccio and Palazzo Francavilla—in the company of their owners and curators.
- Enjoy a private visit to the studio of Sergio Fiorentino, a contemporary portrait artist inspired by the light and unique colors of Noto.
- Immerse yourself in Sicilian culinary traditions both modern and ancient through tastings and tours on topics ranging from ice cream-production to the cultivation of natural wines.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over meals at some of the best restaurants in Sicily, as well as stylish addresses like the private home of acclaimed Milanese designer Luisa Beccaria, who transformed two farmhouses into an idyllic escape surrounded by vines and olive groves.
- Enjoy luxury accommodations atIl San Corrado Di Noto and Villa Igiea.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions to Malta or beyond. Plus: You’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenApril 16 - 22, 2023
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Foodies , Art Lovers