Episode 51 Dr. Frank Lipman on Health & Travel
Dr. Frank Lipman is an author, doctor and pioneer in the field of Functional Medicine. He’s written numerous bestsellers covering sleep, mindfulness and healthy habits including How to Be Well: The 6 Keys to a Happy and Healthy Life and The New Rules of Aging Well. He’s been featured in The New York Times, Vogue, Women’s Health and appeared on Today, The Dr. Oz Show, and more. In today’s episode, he shares his expertise for healthy living and reveals simple tools you can use both at home and while traveling. Tune in to learn why the gut is referred to as the second brain, techniques for improving anxiety and depression and discover why he’s a fan of saunas, cold plunges and intermittent fasting. He also shares the supplements he recommends for brain health (including what he puts in his daily coffee), the science behind peptides, and what to look for if considering using therapeutics. Plus- Melissa and Dr. Lipman will look at wellness trends, techniques and ways of life around the world; they’ll dive into what we can learn from the slow pace of life in Italy, Ubuntu in South Africa, and the future of wellness in travel.
Melissa ends the episode with a round-up of practical, simple tips from Dr. Lipman for living healthier, happier and more connected lives.
Lightning Round with Dr. Lipman:
- What’s your go-to healthy meal? My wife is a great cook and generally cooks healthy meals, but if I’m making it? Arugula, avocado, tomato, mozzarella cheese and lots of olive oil and some vinegar
- Top tip for increasing energy levels naturally? Exercise
- Favorite mindfulness practice? Playing with my grandson
- One book that has impacted your life? Between Heaven and Earth: A Guide to Chinese Medicine
- What’s a country that embodies healthy living and what can we learn from them? Hard to choose…probably Bali, bringing spirituality to everyday aspects of life
- If you could give one piece of advice for living a healthier lifestyle, what would it be? Be kind to others, yourself and the earth
Tune in live: September 7, 2023 at 12 p.m. ET