Episode 55 A Real Life Emily in Paris + Paris Tips with Author Anna Kloots
New York Times Bestselling Author Anna Kloots joins Melissa to talk about her new memoir, My Own Magic: A Reappearing Act, which details her travels around the world entwined in a coming of age story. After her marriage ended at the age of 30, Anna decided to fulfill her lifelong dream and move to Paris. In this heartfelt episode, she shares her journey with Melissa and explores why travel serves as a vehicle for finding confidence and rediscovering the magic within. Anna also shares what living in the “real Paris” is like, including a very romantic love story with her neighbor…yes, it is even better than Emily in Paris, as well as the challenges she faced moving during the height of the pandemic while losing her brother-in-law to Covid-19. She reminds us all through her daring, adventurous story that failure creates growth and that our dreams are always within reach.
Anna has traveled to over 83 countries across six continents and has been featured in Travel & Leisure, The Los Angeles Times, Coastal Living and more. From Joshua Tree, Bali and, of course, Paris – in this episode, Anna also gives a glimpse at what makes these places so transformative and special. Plus- don’t miss Anna’s personal, insider recommendations for some of her favorite restaurants, small museums, bakeries and shops in Paris.
Lighting Round with Anna:
- Favorite French saying? Flâner, which means to wander with no direction in mind
- Best date night spot in Paris? L’epi d’or
- Favorite neighborhood in Paris? The Marais
- What do you love most about Parisian culture? The way they value quality in all aspects of life
- Lesser known destination people should travel to in France? Île de porquerolles is top of my own discovery list
Tune in live: October 5, 2023 at 12 p.m. ET