Few feelings are as exciting as landing in a tropical destination, hopping in the car to head towards the beach with the windows rolled down and warm air hitting your face. But how to best spend the afternoon and evening once you've reached your destination? We have outlined an ideal arrival day at Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort.
- Late Lunch: With direct flights from most major US cities, chances are you'll be in St. Lucia in time for lunch. Head straight to Sugar Beach and have your Indagare travel specialist order a light spread ahead of time to enjoy on your villa patio.
- Restore: Book a massage in the Rainforest Spa, which is comprised of seven treehouse treatment rooms that sit amongst the tree canopies. Go 30 minutes early so you can spend some time pre-massage in the steam room, located in the plantation's former sugar mill.
- Catch your breath: Take a swim in your private oversized plunge pool followed by an outdoor shower with views of the beach and Pitons (Sugar Beach sits between the two famed mountains)
- Shop: The beachside boutique for colorful caftans, swimsuits and beach-appropriate jewelry
- Stroll: The beach with a drink in hand (the rum punch and local Piton beer are two favorites)
- Or, dive: by taking part in the resort's nighttime snorkeling
- Dine: At Bayside, located on the beach a few steps from the water and order one of their thin-crust pizzas for the table to share while you choose entrées from the gourmet menu.
- Check the schedule: for after-dinner activities, which might include a movie night (complete with fresh popcorn) on the sand, live music on the beach or a DJ-fueled dance party