Travel to the ends of the earth to explore the White Continent, where you will discover the majesty of this icy frontier on an unforgettable adventure through sea and snow aboard the state-of-the-art Ultramarine yacht. Our intimate group will have the chance to see orca whales and leopard seals on the hunt, and charming penguins as they build their rookeries across the snow—and much more—all while enjoying expert guidance from biologists, glaciologists and environmentalists who know just how special—and vulnerable—Antarctica truly is.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a 50% non-refundable deposit, per person, with the remaining balance to be paid in full by July 15, 2023.
To read more about why it is important to travel to Antarctica—now more than ever—read this essay from Indagare’s Colin Heinrich, who visited the continent in 2019.
What to Expect
Hear more about this trip from our founder Melissa Biggs Bradley below:
Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Visit the otherworldly icescapes of Antarctica like never before possible, aboard the Quark Expeditions Ultramarine. You’ll have the chance to sail aboard a state-of-the-art polar-travel vessel (equipped with two twin-engine helicopters), which offers a robust portfolio of adventure activities and luxurious, modern suites, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife-viewing spaces than any other expedition ship of its size.
- Enjoy daily zodiac sailing excursions, hiking trips and helicopter flight-seeing over the true final frontier of Planet Earth: the White Continent. As you venture on this trip of a lifetime, you can marvel at giant icebergs rising out of the ocean, orca whales and leopard seals on the hunt, and charming penguins as they build their rookeries across the snow—and much more—all while enjoying expert guidance and lectures from biologists, glaciologists, and historians, who will provide essential context regarding Antarctica’s wildlife and ecology.
- Travel in good conscience, knowing that your entire trip has been set up as a carbon-neutral expedition, designed by our team with special care to reduce unnecessary energy waste. Additionally, a portion of the trip’s cost will go towards supporting Indagare’s conservation and environmental initiatives to protect vulnerable environments like Antarctica all around the world. Click here to learn more about the Indagare Impact Program.
- Plus: Add on two-nights in Buenos Aires before the trip (at an additional cost) to acclimate before heading further south, and spend time exploring this dynamic city and dining at some of the finest restaurants in South America, with tango performances and more.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions. Plus: You’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenFebruary 11 or 13 – 22, 2024
Length10 days / 9 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Soul Searchers