Mexico’s colorful metropolis has shot to the top of every design lover’s list, with one of the highest concentrations of museums and galleries in the world, an innovative restaurant scene that stands out on the global stage, and a profusion of one-of-a-kind boutiques and hotels. And behind the city’s colonial and concrete walls lies a hidden world defined by evolving design movements—from indigenous and Spanish roots to the ferocious Brutalist and Modernist eras, which inform today’s contemporary inspiration. You can experience behind-the-scenes access to top sites and exclusive invitations into the galleries, studios and private residences at the forefront of this diverse scene, on this once-in-a-lifetime trip to Mexico City—in the company of Architectural Digest Editor-in-Chief Amy Astley.
What to Expect
For this special journey, we are thrilled to partner with Architectural Digest to give you unmatched access to Mexico City. Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Enjoy curator- and artist-led visits of top contemporary art galleries, collectives and studios in Mexico City, with opportunities for guided shopping in stylish neighborhoods like Polanco and Roma, and the chance to meet the creatives that are shaping the city’s current design scene. Gallery highlights include Kurimanzutto, LABOR, Fernando Laposse, Ago Projects and more!
- Discover Mexico’s indigenous heritage with private, after-hours visits to the National Anthropology Museum, a staggering collection of precolonial artifacts and a significant cultural center, and the Anahuacalli Museum, artist Diego Rivera’s personal collection of prehispanic works.
- Explore the most interesting and iconic homes designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Luis Barragán, including viewings of spaces that are closed to the public with an expert guide.
- Dive into the world of Mexico’s most talented artist couple, Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo, with private tours of their former homes and studios.
- Meet Mexico City’s leading designers, curators and local insiders through private apartment and studio visits and meals at top tables—including the enchanting private residence of AD100 designer Rodman Primack (the founder of the design firm RP Miller and former chief creative officer of Design Miami/). Plus: Explore in the company of AD Editor-in-Chief Amy Astley, as well as Indagare Vice President of Sales Elise Bronzo.
- Enjoy five nights’ accommodations at Las Alcobas, one of the city’s top boutique hotels.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenFebruary 12 - 17, 2023
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Intellectuals , Style Mavens , Foodies