After spending centuries shrouded behind a veil of mystery, Saudi Arabia has revealed itself to be a destination eager to welcome visitors. What awaits within the kingdom’s sun-drenched deserts, glimmering oases and busy urban centers defies all expectations. In just one day, explorers can gaze upon ancient tombs that stand unmarred by crowds, offering a portal into another era; they can dine among expats and expensively draped princesses, upon plates by Michelin-worthy chefs—then join a passing group of Bedouin for coffee; and they can walk in the footsteps of Moses and Muhammad, along trails that will soon become the streets of clean-energy cities, now calling the world’s best and brightest to build our future. Saudi Arabia at this moment presents the ultimate traveler’s secret and a trailblazer’s fantasy—the chance to go back in time to a world where places remain undiscovered, and to look forward at realities being born from dreams. Will you see it for yourself?
This fall, we traveled with a film crew to capture some of the amazing sites that can be experienced in Saudi Arabia and interviewed local guides, craftspeople, archaeologists, entrepreneurs, NGO leaders and insiders, who shared their diverse perspectives on the country’s past, present and future. Click here to watch the three-episode series and learn more about Saudi Arabia, on the ground.
Plus: Click here to read Indagare Founder & CEO Melissa Biggs Bradley’s article about travel to Saudi Arabia from our Spring/Summer 2022 Magazine.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a nonrefundable deposit of 50% of the total trip cost, with full payment due December 1, 2023.
What to Expect
Learn more about travel to Saudi Arabia below:
Click here to watch the full three-episode series.
Itinerary highlights include:
- Be among the early foreign travelers to explore Saudi Arabia, at a moment when the nation is poised on the precipice of transformation. In the company of an Indagare representative and local experts on the ground, you will learn about some of the projects that are creating a new destination for adventurers and intellectuals, while celebrating the deep traditions, wild landscapes and historic sites that make Saudi Arabia such a time-bending, complex place.
- Begin in seaside Jeddah, a vibrant port city lauded for its multicultural atmosphere and exquisite, well-preserved architecture and contemporary art, while staying at the lovely House Hotel.
- Spend three nights in AlUla, Saudi’s undisputed—and rapidly growing—culture hub, with accommodations at the desert-chic tented camp Habitas. In addition to sampling the crafts and internationally competitive cuisine of the charming Old Town, you will also get to tour some of Middle East’s most impressive archaeological sites, which rival Petra, the Parthenon or Machu Picchu—but have none of the crowds.
- Visit Saudi Arabia’s capital, Riyadh, and get a behind-the-scenes preview of the tourism development boom that is underway in the city—and beyond—as part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s Vision 2030, an ambitious plan to transition the kingdom into a top travel destination.
- Gain a deeper, cross-cultural perspective of Saudi Arabia’s rich history and national heritage, with insights into the evolving role of women and how they are shaping the country’s future.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert team will help you navigate a safe and rewarding travel experience. Plus: you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue on the ground.
While the country is quickly modernizing and moving towards relaxing some of its most conservative rules as it opens up to Western travelers, Saudi Arabia is still a kingdom governed by Islamic law, and certain cultural norms and policies may conflict with Western perspectives. These are a few key points to consider before deciding to travel.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhenMarch 5 - 12, 2024
Length8 days / 7 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Trailblazers , Adventurers