Perched on a tiny peninsula in the Arabian Gulf, Qatar is a jewel of a destination that is often overlooked by travelers—but not for long. With the capital city of Doha as its beating cultural heart, the country boasts a rapidly-growing art, design and social scene, alongside dramatic landscapes that vary from futuristic urban skylines to golden deserts and stunning coasts fronting aqua seas. As the host of the 2022 FIFA World Cup—which will take place just weeks after our tour—Qatar is poised to take its place on the world’s stage. In the company of former Editor in Chief of ELLE Decor, who has been calling Doha a second home since 2005, Whitney Robinson, and Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley, you’ll have the chance to get the first look this fall, with one-of-a-kind invites (including to the Qatar Creates arts and culture fair) and behind-the-scenes access—before the crowds arrive.
What to Expect
Hear more about this trip from your hosts Whitney Robinson and Melissa Biggs Bradley below:
Itinerary highlights include:
- Spend five nights discovering Qatar’s capital, Doha, with special access to the events and exhibitions of Qatar Creates—an annual celebration of art, fashion, design, culture and architecture through a weeklong series of programs including fashion shows, installations, tours, workshops and panel discussions.
- Enjoy VIP art and design touring, with the chance to see works by such icons as Richard Serra, Olafur Eliasson and Ernesto Neto. Visits will include Doha’s National Library and the Museum of Islamic Art, which was designed by I.M. Pei and houses nearly 2,000 years’ worth of Islamic art from around the Middle East.
- Visit Liwan—Qatar’s first girls’ school, which today serves as design studios and artist labs. Here, you’ll be welcomed for a panel on women’s entrepreneurship in the Middle East, featuring two leading female Qatari creatives. You’ll also explore Doha Fire Station—a contemporary art space and residency—and Katara, the largest cultural project in Qatar.
- Experience an insider’s shopping tour led by Whitney Robinson through the Waqif souk and enjoy entrée into Doha’s most fashionable restaurants and clubs, including Qatar’s first members-only arts club.
- Have a sunset viewing of Doha’s iconic National Museum of Qatar. Inspired by the desert rose crystal, the building was designed by architect Jean Nouvel.
- Take a sunset sail on chartered yacht, departing from the Pearl—an artificial island and one of the city’s top monuments—with Whitney Robinson and local Qatari creatives.
- Visit a private Qatari family farm for a true taste of local life and traditions. Plus: Those who are interested can add on desert adventures like a dune-buggy tour or falconry.
- Extend the adventure with a two-night getaway to a wellness resort on the Persian Gulf.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert team will handle all the details so that you can have a safe and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within the Middle East or beyond. Plus: You’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhenOctober 23 – 28, 2022
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerTrailblazers , Art Lovers , Style Mavens , Ultimate Indulgers