For centuries described as the heady meeting between East and West, Istanbul has served as the capital of three of the greatest empires in Western history. These days, the city is on the thrilling edge of age-old tradition and modernity. On this incredible journey, travelers can experience this duality in equal measure through VIP historical and design tours with acclaimed art historians and collectors, as well as private receptions in the former palaces-turned-homes of the aristocrats who live along the legendary Bosphorus River.
What to Expect
- Join private receptions and art collection viewings with Istanbul’s elite in stunning mansions along the Bosphorus river.
- Meet with expert guides for historical and art- and architecture-focused touring with behind-the-scenes-access at top sites and monuments like the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and the Topkapi Palace.
- Join guides and designers for shopping in the bazaars and be invited for private visits to Istanbul’s cutting-edge ateliers and boutiques.
- Enjoy immersive cultural activities like sailing along the Bosphorus in private yachts, watching live music and traditional dance performances, trying a hammam treatment and taking a Turkish cooking class with a celebrity chef.
- Experience a challenging destination at a moment of political change with Istanbul insiders across various disciplines—from history, journalism and art to fashion, business and philanthropy —as well as Architectural Digest contributing editor Gay Gassmann and the founder and CEO of Indagare, Melissa Biggs Bradley.
- Find a home away from home at the St. Regis, one of Istanbul’s most stylish hotels.
WhenOctober 19 – 24, 2019
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Intellectuals , Style Mavens