The Swedish capital balances past and present with Scandinavian aplomb, its historic palaces and grand hotels co-existing with cutting-edge boutiques, restaurants and hot-spot bars. And while Stockholm looks like it is perpetually camera-ready for a magazine photo shoot, its vibe remains approachable and laid-back. On this journey, explore the city’s renowned design, fashion and architecture scenes, meeting with insightful locals along the way—including leading architects, art historians and curators. Plus: tour revered galleries and museums and visit historic homes and design shops, including the world-famous Svenskt Tenn, Drottningholm Palace and the Indagare-adored hotel Ett Hem, in the company of expert hosts: WSJ. contributing editor Sarah Medford and Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing and testing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, as well as entry/exit requirements for Sweden, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
This trip has been crafted specially for design and style interests by WSJ. Magazine editors and Indagare’s expert travel planners. Itinerary highlights include:
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the history of Swedish art and design with exclusive tours of top museums and palaces—including the National Gallery of Sweden and Drottningholm Palace—before they open to the public, in the company of expert curators and guides.
- Immerse yourself in Stockholm’s modern design scene with intimate, insider-hosted visits to premier galleries and studios. Highlights include receptions at the world-renowned Svenskt Tenn and design gallery Modernity with founder Andrew Duncanson; a visit with architect Andreas Martin-Löf in his home and studio; and a special guided visit of Fotografiska, Stockholm’s groundbreaking photography museum.
- Explore some of Stockholm’s finest cultural treasures, including a tour of the archipelago—with a stop at the Fjäderholmarna artisan islands—aboard a boat built in the 1960s for Prince Rainier of Monaco and visits to Hagaparken (with its Gustav III Pavilion) and Svindersvik Summer House. Plus: Enjoy plenty of opportunities for shopping.
- Experience Ett Hem—one of Indagare’s most-adored properties in Europe—and connect with fellow travelers who share your interests over a festive welcome dinner in the hotel’s beautiful dining room.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe, responsible and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within Scandinavia and beyond. Plus: You’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by our most trusted local partners, and you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue, while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
WhenJune 7 – 12, 2022
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerStyle Mavens , Intellectuals , Art Lovers