This dynamic immersion with Architectural Digest global editorial director Amy Astley and Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley is an exclusive deep dive into design, art and traditional craft on Spain’s most stylish island. Join us for a one-of-a-kind itinerary that combines experiences in private homes, gallery and atelier visits with Mallorca’s tastemakers and workshops with artists and artisans from around the world during the XTANT Roots fair. Explore the island on private tours of Palma de Mallorca and its grand Gothic cathedral, the Miro Museum and more, plus a special dinner at renowned designer Michael S. Smith’s part-time home.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a 50 percent non-refundable deposit, with the balance to be paid in full by March 1, 2024.
What to Expect
For this special journey, we are thrilled to partner with Architectural Digest to give you unmatched access to Mallorca. Highlights of this itinerary include:
- VIP access to the opening evening of the Xtant Roots fair in Palma, a showcase of work by artists and craftspeople from over 25 countries, and two days of specially curated visits to art galleries, studios, ateliers and markets, traditional craft workshops and introductions to artists and artisans.
- Special visits with experts on Mallorca’s local cultural treasures such as the Miró Museum (with Joan Punyet Miró, the artist’s grandson) and Palma de Mallorca city center, along with its extraordinary, recently restored Gothic Cathedral of Santa Maria (La Seu), which has the largest Rose window in the world, created from more than 1200 sheets of glass.
- A visit to Teixits Bujosa in the town of Santa Maria with owner Maribel Bujosa, as well as designer Marlene Albaladejo from La Pecera, one of the island’s finest design shops.
- A private dinner at designer Michael S. Smith’s Mallorca home. Spend time with esteemed designer Michael S. Smith, a multiple-time AD100 lister with such clients as the Obamas, Steven Spielberg and Cindy Crawford.
- Luxury accommodations at La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, an Indagare Adored property in Deià, situated in the Serra de Tramuntana mountains, with 69 rooms and suites, 30 acres of lush gardens, olive and citrus groves and views of the sea.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
At Indagare, we believe that travel can and should have a positive impact on the destinations we visit. We are proud to operate as a 100 percent carbon-neutral company. Through the Indagare Impact Fund, we donate nearly two percent of our annual revenue to carefully vetted initiatives and organizations. Together with our community, we ensure that your trips are helping to positively reshape and sustain the destinations you experience with us.
WhenMay 8 - 13, 2024
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerStyle Mavens , Art Lovers , Intellectuals