Join celebrity chef and hospitality entrepreneur Ryan Hardy on a five-day journey to experience the world-famous cuisine and heritage of Italy’s Puglia region—when the harvest season is at its peak. While based in the charming coastal towns of Polignano and Lecce, enjoy expert-guided tours that showcase the region’s rich history and culture, along with privileged access to distinguished producers and suppliers like Frantoio De Carlo and Vito Dicecca for private visits and tastings. You will discover the region at its most authentic time of year, when the tourist season comes to an end and the producers come to life. These industry insiders and local experts will invite you into their world, sharing secrets and stories of Pugliese gastronomy over cooking lessons and extravagant meals, all in the company of fellow travelers who share your passion for food, wine and good times.
This trip is currently sold out—but you can join the waitlist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
We are thrilled to partner with star couple of the food world and masters of Italian cuisine, Ryan Hardy and Agatha Capacchione, to give you unmatched access to Italy’s Puglia region. Highlights of this itinerary include:
- Embark on a journey through Pugliese gastronomy, hosted by celebri-chef Ryan Hardy and his wife, Agatha Capacchione, with expert-guided tours focused on the region’s emblematic products. Star couple of the food world and masters of Italian cuisine, Ryan and Agatha will bring unmatched access to the villages of Polignano, Altamura, Ostuni and Lecce, introducing you to each town’s distinguished insiders: the fishermen of Polignano, the olive oil and cheese producers of Altamura and the top chefs of Ostuni.
- Partake in a private farmhouse cooking experience with Ryan Hardy. Joined by local chefs, Ryan will create a spectacular menu highlighting the freshest ingredients—many of which are special, seasonal products that cannot be found elsewhere. As you indulge in their delicious creations with your fellow gourmands, you’ll get an exclusive look at the secrets and techniques of southern Italian cooking.
- Enjoy a countryside driving adventure through the picturesque Itria Valley, to the hilltop town of Martina Franca and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Alberobello in a classic convertible Alfa Romeo.
- As Puglia concludes its tourist season, and the iconic cobblestoned streets and beaches open up to locals, the producers enter the spotlight and prepare for the harvest. While you tour, you’ll have the chance to meet with the finest chefs and farmers of the region who are keeping ancient traditions alive—and continuing to innovate for modern times. They will invite you into their worlds, sharing family stories and products with you during such interactive experiences as:
- Exploring Puglia’s world-renowned Frantoio De Carlo olive oil producer, one of Ryan Hardy’s favorite local suppliers. You will meet the family members, learn about the harvest and taste some of the most quality olive oil varieties.
- Visit chef Gianna Greco’s cooking school in Lecce, where you will have an unforgettable, hands-on experience to learn about the dishes and flavors of the Salento region.
- Join Vito Dicecca, one of the region’s most innovative cheesemakers—recently featured in Stanley Tucci’s Searching for Italy—for a behind-the-scenes burrata experience.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
WhenOctober 23 – 29, 2023
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerFoodies , Intellectuals