With otherworldly landscapes that inspire exhilarating outdoor adventures, an intriguing culture steeped in Viking history and a few stellar luxury hotels, Iceland has risen to the top of many savvy travelers’ wish lists in recent years for good reason—and summer is one of its most beautiful seasons. Across glacial valleys and glittering ice caps, this itinerary will explore the best of Iceland, with a perfect balance of quintessential activities—like hiking the Golden Circle, floating in the Blue Lagoon and touring in Reykjavik—and uniquely immersive experiences curated exclusively for you.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing and testing guidelines, and remaining as low-contact as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, as well as border entry/exit requirements, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Itinerary highlights include:
- Explore Iceland’s most significant natural sites—from towering glaciers and mysterious hidden caves to active volcanoes and geysers, and mythologized forests, black lava fields and the famous Gullfoss Waterfall—in the company of expert wilderness guides, by foot, ATV and luxury adventure SUV.
- Immerse yourself in local culture with an Icelandic farm-to-table meal at a geothermal energy-powered greenhouse and a visit to a horse farm, where you can explore the surrounding countryside on a trail ride and meet with the farm’s owners to learn about the rich history of the Icelandic equestrian tradition.
- Relax at Iceland’s top hotels—including The Retreat at Blue Lagoon, a pampering wellness escape that is one of the most exciting additions to the Reykjavik luxury hotel scene. It provides exclusive access to the mineral-rich geothermal pools that are one of the capital’s primary attractions—and you’ll have a day to soak in its healing waters, with the option to add on a private treatment like a lava scrub or a rejuvenating fitness class.
- Experience the historical and culinary highlights of Reykjavik with expert-guided touring in the city; plus, search for over 20 species of whales with a special whale-watching excursion by private yacht.
- Connect with fellow travelers who share your interests and passions over outdoor adventure activities and group meals.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert Insider Journeys team will help you navigate a safe, responsible and rewarding travel experience—and help plan custom trip extensions within Iceland and beyond. Plus: you’ll be guided through the new travel landscape by our most trusted local partners while on the ground.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about recreating a version of this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenJuly 23 - 28, 2021
Length6 days / 5 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Soul Searchers