The southern neighbor of Mexico and Belize, Guatemala is an under-the-radar destination, a land of volcanoes, ancient monuments, rainforests, beautiful lakes—and a vibrant mash-up of eras, cultures and natural wonders. This itinerary balances deep immersion in local life and the chance to meet creatives, designers and chefs with outdoor adventure. Our Guatemala journey includes opportunities to learn about ancient and indigenous traditions, roam cobblestoned streets and artisan shops of Antigua, explore Lake Atitlán and take in views of majestic volcanoes—plus relax at the Indagare-adored retreats Villa Bokéh and Casa Palopó.
A spot on this trip may be reserved with a 50 percent non-refundable deposit, with the balance to be paid in full by December 20th, 2023.
What to Expect
- Learn ancient techniques in ceramics, textile dyeing, weaving and cooking in hands-on workshops with artisans and chefs who are continuing centuries-old traditions.
- Enjoy a visit to Chichicastenango, an enchanting town in the mountains, to experience its famous market—one of the largest and liveliest in the Americas, and a haven for shoppers seeking handmade crafts.
- See a working a coffee plantation and hacienda and enjoy a special after-hours dinner in a private home-turned-museum.
- Discover hidden-gem boutiques in Antigua, including a special visit to Luna Zorro Studio, a top textile destination that works closely with local weavers to preserve Guatemalan traditions.
- Plus, continue to explore the wonders of Guatemala by traveling to Flores and Tikal National Park on our post-journey extension. Inquire for details.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
At Indagare, we believe that travel can and should have a positive impact on the destinations we visit. We are proud to operate as a 100 percent carbon-neutral company. Through the Indagare Impact Fund, we donate nearly two percent of our annual revenue to carefully vetted initiatives and organizations. Together with our community, we ensure that your trips are helping to positively reshape and sustain the destinations you experience with us.
WhenMarch 10 – 16 (or 19), 2024
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerIntellectuals , Style Mavens , Art Lovers