An Edenic wonderland seemingly forgotten by time, the islands of the Galápagos have fascinated nature lovers and adventurers ever since their pristine ecosystems inspired Charles Darwin to publish On the Origin of Species, in 1859. For this inaugural expedition, which has been carefully created with an eye toward promoting conservation awareness and traveling in a sustainable manner, Indagare is offering the chance to visit these remote islands by traveling aboard a private charter of the M/Y Grace, the most historic and luxurious boat in the archipelago. Traveling in the company of esteemed naturalists and expert guides, guests will experience an idyllic wildlife escape that can be found nowhere else on Earth.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Explore the mysterious Galápagos—a region of the world that can be difficult for the luxury traveler to access, due to limited boat and land accommodations—in total comfort and convenience aboard the M/Y Grace, one of the most luxurious boats in the archipelago. Its illustrious history includes participation in the evacuation of Allied soldiers from Dunkirk, France in World War II, as well as hosting the honeymoon getaway of Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier of Monaco. With space for just 16 guests, the yacht is intimate and pampering, with beautiful rooms and spacious outdoor areas ideal for relaxation and connecting with your expert local guides and fellow travelers alike.
- Experience exceptional, up-close encounters with rare species of wildlife that have not developed a fear of humans, thanks to their uniquely isolated environments—a phenomenon that can be witnessed in very few other places in the world. You will have the chance to observe sea lions, penguins, sea turtles, giant tortoises, dolphins, whale and hammerhead sharks, marine and land iguanas, blue-footed boobies and countless more creatures.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Foundation and enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour with the foundation’s director, including the chance to explore the tortoise breeding center and the natural history collections.
- Immerse yourself in the spectacular landscapes of the Galápagos, by land and by sea, with such adventure activities as hikes over lava fields and through lush forests, along with snorkeling tours over coral reefs, kayaking and much more.
- En route to the islands, overnight in Guayaquil, Ecuador’s largest port city. Spend an afternoon exploring rows of colorful homes, art galleries and cafés with Pacific views.
- Expand your journey with a custom, Indagare-planned trip extension to Ecuador’s beautiful Colonial-era city of Quito, or Peru or beyond.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about recreating a version of this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
Length9 days / 8 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Trailblazers , Soul Searchers