Massive, enigmatic, chaotic, sensual, intimidating, awe-inspiring: Brazil is a country that can be described in many ways, but rarely is it captured in full. As much a center for biodiversity—born from the rainforests of the Amazon—as it is for creativity, Brazil seized the imagination of the sophisticated traveler, but recently its urban hotspots Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo have stepped into the spotlight for their innovation in architecture and design, as well as the culinary and fine arts. On this cutting-edge Insider Journey, you can join Indagare and AD editors for behind-the-scenes access to Brazil’s top galleries and studios, with the chance to meet the artists and influencers who are shaping its progress—plus, add on time to explore the fantastical world of Inhotim.
What to Expect
- Dive into the innovative art and design scenes of Brazil’s urban centers—São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro—with curator- and artist-led visits of top contemporary art galleries, museums, ateliers and studios, with opportunities for guided shopping in up-and-coming design neighborhoods.
- Learn about São Paulo’s and Rio de Janeiro’s rich architectural legacies, with history- and design-focused city touring with experts who will unveil these cities’ most iconic monuments—with a special emphasis on the work of Lina Bo Bardi and Pritzker Prize-winner Oscar Niemeyer.
- Immerse yourself in Brazilian street art and contemporary style with tours of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro’s bohemian neighborhoods—a chance to learn about community-oriented projects from the people who are behind them.
- Enjoy luxury accommodations with stays at the Fasano hotels—one of Brazil’s most elegant hospitality brands—in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.
- Make new friends and learn about Brazilian culture over festive group meals at the country’s hottest and most beloved restaurants—as well as dazzling private residences featured in the pages of AD.
- Experience a growing travel destination with Sam Cochran, AD’s Features Director— as well as the support of the Indagare team.
- Add on a customized, Indagare-planned trip extension to Belo Horizonte—where you can visit the mesmerizing Inhotim Arts Center—or make an excursion to see the magnificent Iguazu Falls and the Amazon rainforest.
WhenTo be announced
Length7 days / 6 nights
Type of TravelerArt Lovers , Style Mavens , Intellectuals