Exploring the New Nairobi and Beyond…
Once the most sought-after safari destination in Africa—attracting the likes of Queen Elizabeth II and Ernest Hemingway—Kenya has come to share the stage in recent years with other showstoppers like Tanzania and Zimbabwe. Now, thanks to local creatives like designer Anna Trzebinski, the country is humming with a new energy that demands to be seen. Alongside your host—Indagare Founder Melissa Biggs Bradley, who just returned from scouting out this truly one-of-a-kind itinerary—you will be among the first to experience the insider’s “New Nairobi” while based at Anna Trzebinski’s exquisite retreat, Eden, at the moment when it opens for visitors. Then, discover the wildlife of the cinematic Maasai Mara and continue to Kenya’s most opulent safari lodge, Segera.
To read more about why it is important to travel to Kenya—now more than ever—read this essay from Indagare Founder Melissa Biggs Bradley, who visited this fall.
The health and safety of our travelers is our number-one priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. We are in close contact with all of our partners to ensure that they are committed to the health and comfort of our travelers by practicing enhanced sanitization and disinfecting procedures, respecting social distancing guidelines, and remaining as contactless as possible. For more information and questions about specific protocols that have been put into place to make your trip as safe as possible, as well as entry/exit requirements for Kenya, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect
Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Return to the so-called “Cradle of Mankind” for rejuvenation and inspiration—in a moment of unprecedented privacy, thanks to the new protective measures that have been put in place by the Kenyan government in response to the outbreak of Covid-19. As you discover what the future of travel holds, you will be guided by Indagare Founder Melissa Biggs Bradley, who just returned from scouting in Kenya this fall, through the bush and bustling Nairobi.
- Be hosted by fashion designer and Nairobi native Anna Trzebinksi in her former home, which she has just finished transforming into a breathtaking boutique hotel: Eden. In addition to having first access to this game-changing property, you will get an insider’s experience of the “New Nairobi,” with visits to artists’ studios and boutiques—including Anna’s own workshop—as well as highlights like the Karen Blixen Museum. You will also have the chance to meet with locals to learn about Kenyan culture and history.
- Experience thrilling safaris on foot and in open-air vehicles with expert guides in the Maasai Mara and the Laikipia Plateau, two spectacular safari destinations that provide a protective home for lions, leopards, elephants, zebras, buffalo and many other creatures.
- Immerse yourself in the world of the Mara through visits with the neighboring Maasai tribe, a panoramic journey through the skies by hot-air balloon, special meals in the bush and tours with leading philanthropists and conservationists.
- Relax at two beautiful lodges, Angama and Segera, which offer some of the best accommodations in Kenya, as well as a variety of unique activities, including farm-to-table dining, craft workshops and the chance to tour the spectacular Zeitz Collection (the founding art collection of the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa in Cape Town).
- Consult with Indagare’s expert team to navigate a safe and seamless travel experience—and to plan a pre- or post-trip extension in Kenya, Tanzania or beyond.
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
WhenJanuary 18 – 28, 2021
Length11 days / 10 nights
Type of TravelerTrailblazers , Adventurers , Style Mavens , Do Gooders