With one third of all of the world’s antiquities and the only remaining monument of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, Egypt is a superlative destination: astounding, colossal, epic. For thousands of years, travelers have journeyed from all over the world to witness the glorious temples built by the pharaohs. Today, visitors can see these ancient treasures alongside new wonders—from the groundbreaking Grand Egyptian Museum (which is slated to become the largest archaeological museum in the world when it opens) to the glamorous luxury yachts that cruise up and down the Nile. In the words of Indagare founder Melissa Biggs Bradley: “The awe that you feel in the shadow of the pyramids or when surrounded by the still vibrant colors in Nefertari’s Tomb must be experienced to be understood. There is simply no way to comprehend the immensity of this history without going—or returning—as tombs continue to be discovered and treasures unveiled. As the world opens back up after the last two years, I believe that there will never be a better moment in our lifetime than right now to explore Egypt’s wonders.” Are you ready to see it for yourself?
Click here to be the first to know when new trips to Egypt are released.
What to Expect
Hear more about this trip from our founder Melissa Biggs Bradley below:
Highlights of this itinerary include the opportunity to:
- Explore with experts in the field of Egyptology at such monuments as the Sphinx and the awe-inspiring Pyramids of Giza, as well as the groundbreaking Grand Egyptian Museum, the world’s newest archaeological museum (scheduled to be fully open by the end of 2022).
- Explore the many treasures of the vast Egyptian landscape with ease while sailing down the magnificent Nile River on board the pampering Historia yacht.
- Experience expert-guided touring at the astounding temples and tombs of the Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel, Aswan, Philae, Edfu, Kom Ombo and Luxor (with the option to add a hot air balloon ride).
- Enjoy expert-guided historic and cultural touring in bustling Cairo, including shopping at the Khan El-Khalili bazaar and an exclusive visit to the historic Abdeen Palace, which was a former residence of the royal family of Egypt and today is one of the official residences and principal workplace of the President of Egypt.
- Experience an emerging destination in comfort, with an itinerary featuring five-star accommodations, expert guides, pre-planned transfers and meals, VIP airport assistance and more—with the perfect combination of three nights in Cairo and four nights sailing down the Nile.
- Worry less, experience more: Indagare’s expert team will help you navigate a safe and responsible experience, and you’ll have complimentary 24/7 access to the emergency medical, security and evacuation services of Global Rescue on the ground.
- Add on a customized Indagare post-trip to Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai or beyond (with the purchase of Indagare membership).
Please note that elements of the itinerary may change.
Contact our team at email@example.com to inquire about customizing this trip for your small group or private experience, over dates of your choosing.
The health and safety of our travelers is our No. 1 priority. We are committed to upholding the highest safety standards, while providing world-class hospitality and a seamless travel experience. For any questions, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhenOctober 20 - 27, 2023
Length8 days / 7 nights
Type of TravelerAdventurers , Families , Intellectuals