Passion Points: Learning
At the end of 2011, we quizzed members and staff about their favorite discoveries this year. Indagare member B. M. enjoys Turkish luxury. Read more Best-of-2011 Interviews.
My favorite trip of the year was to Turkey. It is an intriguing and vibrant country celebrating historic traditions while making inroads towards becoming a prosperous, liberal middle-eastern power. In Istanbul we stayed at the recently reopened Pera Palace. While it does not offer the service of a five-star hotel or the glamour of a trendy boutique, it has something no other hotel offers in Istanbul: a return to the past glory of the Belle Époque. It is more than a hotel, it is a museum, including Ataturk’s rooms and the rooms in which Agatha Christie wrote Death on the Orient Express. Its walls speak of the past.
My great discovery was a boating company recommended by Indagare, through whom we chartered a sailboat to travel along the Turkish coast. It was a true find. There was absolutely nothing about the trip that was not perfect.
What I know about traveling is that your trip is only as good as its organization, and Indagare does it beautifully. When members book with Indagare, they can lean back and enjoy the trip hassle- and worry-free.
In 2012, I am dreaming of going to India …maybe.
Search By Keyword
Its own continent but most often reached from South America....
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.