Passion Points: Arts/Culture
Sometimes walking around your own city can be an eye-opening cultural experience, Muriel Quancard-Johnson, the French founder of New York–based Opus Travels knows. Dedicated to exploring the worlds of contemporary art, design and architecture, Opus guides lead small, private groups of art lovers behind the scenes of cutting-edge art neighborhood and art fairs, from Shanghai to Mexico.
The two cities most dear to Quancard-Johnson, who served as the director of the renowned Yvon Lambert Gallery, are New York and Paris. Exclusively for Indagare, she has arranged exploration tours of two neighborhoods whose art histories could not be more different—one has been around for centuries, the other is a recent phenomenon—but both offer a wealth of culture, if one knows where to look.
Opus’ tour of New York City’s Bowery and Lower East Side will include visits to the New Museum, opened in 2007, as well as to several galleries and cool art and design shops. When possible, guides will introduce clients to gallery and shop owners, as well as artist. “The Bowery and Lower East...
Search By Keyword
Bordering the Atlantic Ocean and South Africa, Namibia has expansive...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.