Destination: Spain: Mallorca
The summer enclave of choice for the Spanish royal family and others who enjoy private dinners and rustic sophistication.
Read our Overview and Why Go Now. Also in this report: The island’s best hotels under Where to Stay, authentic restaurants under Where to Eat, attractions not to miss under What to See & Do, great boutiques under Where to Shop, and concierge service and villa rentals in Indagare Intelligence.
INDAGARE TOP TEN
SLEEP…in the Gran Hotel Son Net, a former private home in a 17th-century mansion
EXPERIENCE…a day at PuroBeach (be sure to reserve a lounge chair ahead of time)
SPLURGE…on a suite at La Residencia,
EAT…at romantic El Olivia, in an olive grove
DRINK…with wine expert Carol Forrest who runs Majorca Wine Tours
SAVOR…the tasting menu at Living, near Santa Catalina
VISIT…the Santa Catalina market and buy regional specialties like honey and olive oils
SEE…the island’s western coast, home to a quaint village and one of the best beaches
SHOP…for espadrilles at Alpargateria Llinas in Palma
KNOW…the bespoke tour company with a good villa portfolio.
Read insider advice on enjoying a night out in Palma as well shopping and dining tips
Search By Keyword
Thanks to a host of activities, stunning landscapes and gorgeous...
Bordered by Germany, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.