Destination: Turks & Caicos
Chef Fritz Zwahlen, born in Switzerland, has overseen kitchens for Aman for more than eight years (at the Philippines’ Amanpulo and in Amanwella in Sri Lanka), and his dishes beautifully reflect the influences of the countries he’s worked in. At Amanyara he oversees five often-changing menus, a necessity considering that the remote location means that most guests have three meals a day here. Each of the resort’s super-private pavilions comes with a sunken patio table, making them great for ordering room service, but do venture out to the romantic, candlelit restaurant, at the edge of the reflecting pool, at least once during your stay. There are plenty of seafood options—including steamed red snapper with ginger and Caribbean lobster curry—and any meat or fish can also be simply grilled and ordered with your favorite side dishes. Several European and American expats I spoke to considered Amanyara the place for fêting a special occasion, though more than one warned of the steep prices (the average price of an entrée is $45).
Search By Keyword
The largest single-mountain ski resort in North America is better...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.