Destination: Turks & Caicos
The fine-dining restaurant of the Regent Palms may not have the beachside setting of Anacaona, but if you can score a table in the pretty courtyard for a special night out, the setting proves equally charming. German chef Torsten Rumprecht arrived at the Regent Palms from St. Martin’s La Samanna, and he has a knack for spinning myriad ingredients and flavors into innovative, delicious dishes (his menu, listing every last ingredient, reads a bit like a novel). A recent meal included a refreshing chilled Caribbean melon soup with jumbo lump crabmeat and strawberry-mint salsa, perfectly grilled South Caicos snapper with a mango-pineapple chutney and coconut-rum emulsion, and, for dessert, a mango-and-lime tart in a flaky macaroon crust. Like most restaurants in TCI, Parallel 23 is a pricey night out: entrées range from $26 to $36. Planned for the future is a more extensive grill menu, which currently includes filet mignon, New York strip loin and rotisserie chicken. Reservations are recommended; request to be seated on the terrace.
Search By Keyword
A fascinating mix of tradition and contemporary life, 1,200-year-old Kyoto...
Discover the best beach hideaways in the area that Brazilians...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.