Destination: Turks & Caicos
Anacaona, main restauarnt at Grace Bay Club, is, inexplicably, the only beachfront restaurant on Grace Bay Beach, making it one of the prime places for a romantic dinner. Diners are seated at candlelit tables that spill down toward the beach and are surrounded by flickering torches and lush, leafy palmetto plants. The terrific menu is a global whirlwind of cooking styles and cuisines: the appetizers alone include seared Hudson Valley foie gras, local smoked conch, tempura tuna roll and a trio of snapper seviche. A nice touch on the list of entrées is the “petite portion,” designed for diners with smaller appetites.
A new option is to dine at the Infinity Bar, which separates the restaurant from the Lounge, a popular hangout for a stylish crowd of 20- and 30-somethings. A small-plate menu is available, though you can also order Anacaona dishes. Arrive early and have a drink at the sunken Lounge; it’s perfectly located for sunset viewing. A sexy, hip vibe prevails at Anacaona and the adjoining bar and lounges, so it’s no surprise that children under the...
Search By Keyword
Amazing wildlife and sensational safari camps are keys to why...
The country's most stunning landscapes and exhilarating outdoor activities center...
Sophisticated living combined with a refreshingly laid-back California attitude in...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.