Destination: France: St.-Tropez
L’Auberge de la Mole
This roadside village inn is a favorite dinner spot of Patrice de Colmont, of Club 55. As he reveals in his insider tips in Indagare Intelligence, “In contrast to all the new trendy places around St.-Tropez that serve exotic cuisine, here you’ll find typical Provençal country dishes. I usually order the crayfish for starters then the tournedos (fillet steak) served with potato cake and truffles. The portions are so copious that I’d advise skipping lunch! The restaurant used to be a bar tabac and a gas station, and they still sell cigarettes downstairs. [The food] goes well with the local Château Barbeyrolles rosé, or a bottle of chilled Pétale de Roses from the same vineyard.”
L’Auberge des Maures
This landmark restaurant has been serving up traditional Provençal specialties for nearly eight decades. Reserve a table on the garden patio under a trellis of century-old vines. Highlights include aioli, stuffed vegetables, barbecued local fish, beef daube in a red wine sauce and moelleux au chocolat (a warm chocolate cake).
Search By Keyword
Bordering the Atlantic Ocean and South Africa, Namibia has expansive...
The famous French ski resort, in the Haute-Savoie region, is...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.