One of Cairo’s most popular restaurants, La Bodega delivers delicious food and an even more delicious atmosphere. Set in the heart of Zamalek island, La Bodega celebrates the fashionable neighborhood’s history with paintings of its golden days, when royals and other well-heeled revelers flocked here for a good time. Today diners can opt to sit on a cozy sofa in the alcove, reserve a table in the main dining room or join the boisterous crowd in the bar.
Le Pacha 1901
If you ask expats living in Cairo for their favorite restaurants, Le Pacha 1901 will most certainly be on their list. The former 19th-century paddle cruiser has been transformed into Cairo’s version of New York’s Tavern on the Green. Substituting Central Park for a spot on the Nile, Le Pacha 1901 is docked along Gezira island. Diners can choose from among ten different restaurants, almost all of which have excellent views of the river and its nightlife. As feluccas sail by and the city lights dazzle, blending the ancient and the modern, you will find yourself bewitched by the mystical allure of the Middle Eastern mood, despite the fact that most of the food is international.
Search By Keyword
As part of the Trois Vallées, Courchevel in the French...
New on Indagare
Give the Gift of Indagare The perfect present for travelers: a membership to Indagare. Buy now
Indagare Insider Trips: Cuba, Myanmar and India: We’re planning trips throughout the year. Contact Indagare (212-988-2611) to be added to the wait list.
- Community: Share advice with fellow members asking about your favorite travel discoveries.
- Indagare Insiders: Three-day itineraries for families in London and art lovers in Vienna. Plus, fashion insider Chiara Ferragamo’s picks on what not to miss in Florence, Bonnie Gokson, owner of Hong Kong’s lofty Sevva on Hong Kong, Culinary Insider: Budapest.
- Rant & Rave: Indagare members can share their advice with the community by logging in first, then clicking here: Rants & Raves.
- Give the Gift: Indagare: Give the gift of travel intelligence with a membership to Indagare. For details or to order, call us at 212-988-2611 or click here: Gift Membership.
- Indagare Plus: Remember that hotels marked by an Indagare Plus symbol offer preferential rates and benefits to members.
- Indagare Share Feature: Share articles, postcards and reviews with family and friends on such networking sites as Twitter, Facebook and Delicious. Simply click on the three small dots that symbolize our connect icon, at the end of every article, and follow the link to the networking site of your preference.
- Sample Indagare: With free bi-weekly email blasts on new hot spots and insider tips when you sign up for our mailing list.
- Profile feature: Members share your profiles, comments, favorite articles and IQs. Just click on the Profile tab on the upper right of your screen and look for the Edit My Profile blue tab.
- Indagare means to discover, explore, seek, scout in Latin.